Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My rant. Not about anything to do with lol or games.

So today I finished moving out of my apartment and I am now home.  I am a college student and due to a loop hole the college does not accept a waiver for tuition that I have for summer quarter.  Technically they are are not a full time institution and the summer quarter is an extra thing for them to do....   But they could accept my waiver if they wanted to.  They do not.  And thus the true part of my rant begins.  I have a friend that is foreign exchange that has a similar waiver that waives tuition.  The school bends over backwards for these foreign exchange students and guess what?  They are choosing to honor his waiver.  I have better grades I am working on a double major with a minor and he is a communications major......  But guess what he gets the waiver and I don't because I am an american and he is foreign....  Where is the fairness in that?  I am going to a public American college and yet the give better treatment to the foreign exchange students than me?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Or shouldn't it be an equal playing field?  Anyways just my 2 cents/aggravation at not being able to take summer classes....(Well I could but I am not taking a loan for 10k out to pay for the cost).

5 comments:

  1. The education system is messed up. It looks better if the school has more foreign students. They'll get more business that way. It all comes down to money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a complete load of bull. You're working on a double major, you need it more than most do.

    ReplyDelete